Welcome to Life of a Railroad Wife! I’m so glad you are here. I never expected to be a wife of a railroad conductor but here I am…barely hanging on some days. Sound familiar?
Becoming a Railroad Wife has been a huge adjustment and it seems like we’re continually adjusting. Nothing is ever the same and trying to plan anything is almost impossible. Can you relate? Then you’ve come to the right place.
LifeOfARailroadWife.com is here to encourage you that you can do this crazy life and you’re not alone.
- Looking for support? I’m here for you!
- Looking for current railroad events and stories? I’ll be writing about them.
- Need some meal ideas for your Railroader while he’s on the road? I can help with that.
- Are you a homeschooling mom looking for fresh ideas? Let me share mine with you.
- Interested in seeing how another Railroad Wife does it? Well let me share my life with you.
Hello there! My name is Shannon and I live in beautiful Alberta, Canada. I’m a railroad wife and a mother to four beautiful children. My husband is a hard working man who loves his family and is always coming and going with his job as a railroader. Our children are full of life and energy. They are truly a blessing even though they make me want to pull my hair out most days. We decided to homeschool our children for various reasons and it’s been one of the best decisions ever for our family. I love Jesus, camping, baking and sewing but most of all I love being a wife and mom. We don’t have the typical family life but we make it work. Join me on this adventure called the railroad life.
I’m so glad you’ve stopped by Life of a Railroad Wife. I hope you’ll find what you’re looking for, leave feeling encouraged, and come back often!
Never miss a post so join the growing community of railroad wives as we live this adventure called the Railroad Life.